Part-Time Administrative Assistant: Yarraville Anglican Parish
St Marks Anglican Church Yarraville is looking for a part time (12 hours per week) Administration Support Officer to assist our team with general administrative support.
This is your chance to play a significant role in a small, Western Suburbs Christian church that desires to bring holistic transformation to individuals and communities in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. Our mission is to reach, restore, release and resource Christians to transform communities in the West and the world.
We value making disciples, we love pioneering, we're into empowering local Christian partnerships and we make sacrificial commitments. We do radical dependence on God and choose to live generously and in Christian faith so that lives will be transformed.
This role provides a single point of contact for non-pastoral St Marks administrative needs. The role includes general administrative support for the St Marks parish; as well as interaction with the local and wider community.
This role is primarily to assist the Priest-in-Charge and leaders of St Marks on a part time basis in all aspects of parish administration. Principal tasks include:
- correspondence and communications
- record keeping
- managing all aspects of building hire and usage
- building maintenance coordination
The role is responsible for liaising with local and diocese contacts as well as administration, coordination and correspondence that will contribute to ministry objectives, maximise strategic ministry relations and strengthen St Marks’ current objectives.
- must be courteous, polite and have a welcoming demeanour
- positive attitude and display initiative
- organised and high attention to detail
- able to work independently and as part of a small team
- a good blend of task and people focus
- high level of integrity and upholds confidentiality
- Proven experience in administration systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience and competence using Microsoft applications.
This is a 12 hour per week position, with some flexibility available for allocation of those hours
Presence in the office on days of Priest-in-Charge meetings is required (usually a Tuesday)
Remuneration is on the basis of 12 hours per week at administrative casual rates of $25.00 per hour
Leave entitlements include four weeks annual leave
The role reports directly to the Priest in Charge and requires a close working relationship with members of the Wardens Committee, the parish Treasurer and the Parish Council.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to Anne Brinsden by 31 August 2019
For more information about this job please contact Anne Brinsden on 0438 395 127.