Part-Time Children’s Ministry Coordinator: Yarraville Anglican Parish
St Marks Anglican Church Yarraville is looking for a part time, on-going (10 hours per week) Children’s Ministry Coordinator to assist our team with the spiritual development of our children and children in the Western suburbs
St Marks is a church of around 60 active people with more than a 150 years history of mission and ministry. We have a small and growing number of young children (preschool to adolescents), and a small congregation with a mission to deeply develop the faith of these young people.
Our mission is to reach, restore, release and resource Christians to transform communities in the West and the world.
We value making disciples, we love pioneering, we're into empowering local Christian partnerships and we make sacrificial commitments. We do radical dependence on God and choose to live generously and in Christian faith so that lives will be transformed.
We believe that children are well able to participate in transforming lives and we want children to be near Jesus Christ as he so directed.
St Marks has been successful in a KidsPlus childrens ministry grant and is able to offer this role at 10 hours per week. This is your chance to play a significant role in a small Western Suburbs Christian church that desires to bring holistic transformation to individuals and communities in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
We at St Marks recognise that there are many different family patterns. We welcome families of all types among us.
Goal of the position:
- The aim of this role is to enable and empower families and children to grow in their faith through their association with St Marks.
- This role is to lead and coordinate a children’s ministry program for St Marks Anglican Church at Spotswood. The coordinator will, on a part time basis, assist the Priest-in-Charge and leaders and volunteers of St Marks in all aspects of children and family ministry including interaction with the local and wider community.
This role is primarily to assist the Priest-in-Charge and leaders of St Marks on a part time basis in all aspects of children’s ministry coordination. Principal tasks include:
- Lead a team of parish members volunteering for the children’s ministry
- Provide support and guidance to the volunteer team as needed
- Review church services and programs from the perspective of their strategy and suitability for children and families
- Investigate and implement opportunities to develop relationships with the immediate and wider Spotswood community
- Develop a comprehensive curriculum for children’s ministry in line with the general parish worship
- Oversight the integrity of the program
- Coordinate with a small team of volunteers the monthly All Age services
- Coordinate occasional Messy Church services with a small team of volunteers
- Participate in the children’s ministry roster on at least two Sundays per month and every 5th Sunday for the year
- Attend church at St Marks each week including when not rostered to lead children’s ministry, and engage with children and their families
- In conjunction with the Priest-in-Charge, provide pastoral support to and engage with the families, parents, carers on each Sunday and as needed.
- Must have a desire to see families flourish under God and children become the people God intended
- Must have a positive attitude and display initiative
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a small team
- Have a good blend of task and small people focus
- Have a high level of integrity and uphold confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in children’s ministry
- Willingness to undergo a National Police History Check is mandatory
- Willingness to undergo a Working With Children Check is mandatory.
- Formal qualifications in children and young adults learning and development would be welcomed but not required
- Formal qualifications in teaching or caring for children with additional needs would be welcome but not required.
This is an on-going 10 hour per week position, with some flexibility outside of Sundays available for allocation of those hours
Presence in the office on days of Priest-in-Charge meetings would be advantageous but not required.
Remuneration is on the basis of on-going 10 hours per week at a level guided by the ASLM rates as determined by the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne.
Leave entitlements include pro rata four weeks annual leave.
The role reports directly to the Priest- in-Charge and requires a close working relationship with members of the Parish Council, the Wardens Committee and the parish Treasurer promoting alignment of all components of St Marks ministries and mission.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to Anne Brinsden by 31 October 2019
For more information about this job please contact Anne Brinsden on 0438 395 127.